Mujāni medieval castle ruins and White tower
After Talava division in 1224 between Rīga bishop and Swordbrothers (lat. Fratres Milicie Christi de Livonia), border going through river Jumera, Mujāni and Dūķeri became bishops territories to run. It is why the 14th century upcoming Mujāni fortress had a strategical meaning - to strengthen Rīga archbishoprics eastern land border, next to important trading road going to Tērbata and German orders Livonian branch castle in Valmiera.
Address: Kocēni Municipality, Mujāni, Kocēni Parish